FreezerBurn Texas 2022: Weird Science!
FreezerBurn is a Central Texas winter regional arts event and community experiment. We are moving forward with trying to hold FreezerBurn 2022: Weird Science! It would be held Jan. 14-17 on Valkyrie Ranch in Paige.
We are requiring that participants are fully vaccinated (two doses plus two weeks) before they can purchase tickets–with medical exceptions. For medical exceptions, email [email protected]. You must have your vaccination status verified before you can purchase tickets. Here’s how it’ll work:
- Have your CDC vaccine card and a photo ID ready. (We recommend you take pictures first and crop them. Size limits apply.)
- On your mobile device, go to https://bit.ly/FZBvax. (If you plan on going to an in-person, pre-event activity, please use https://bit.ly/FZBvolvax.)
- You’ll receive an email from [email protected] confirming you are verified and with a link to the Quicket ticketing site. Use the same email address for VaxYes as your Quicket ticket purchase so we can verify your status. You will need a verified email address for each ticket you purchase.
Due to the large demand indicated by the community survey, we have instituted a lottery for General Tickets this event cycle. The lottery is now open. You may enter it any time between now and midnight on Sunday, Oct. 17. To enter the lottery, go to https://bit.ly/FZB22lottery.
We are doing away with Vehicle Passes, but you will need a $25 RV Pass to bring any vehicle over 25 feet into the event.
For Minor Tickets (age 5-17) or Child Tickets (age 0-4), email [email protected].
If you bought a special edition Art Ticket (sold between July 2020 and July 2021), it will be honored at "the next FreezerBurn," whether that's in January 2022 or later. Thank you for your support helping art and artists during the lockdown, enabling them to continue their creative endeavors by participating in safe, public exhibitions like ARTic Expedition.
- In December, we will reevaluate conditions, both in terms of the status of the pandemic and how we’re looking in terms of the volunteer base and volunteer signups. We’ll meet with our volunteer leaders and decide whether to proceed with the event. Other reasons why we might cancel in December include if we’re at Stage 4 or 5 in Austin or other major Texas metro areas, local/state/federal prohibitions on large gatherings, etc.
- If we’re moving forward, we’ll also decide whether or not to sell any additional tickets. This decision will depend heavily on volunteerism, so please spread the word! Nominate yourself or others for leadership roles: https://bit.ly/FZB22noms. Sign up to volunteer here: https://bit.ly/FZB22vol.
- If we do cancel, we will not refund tickets but rather roll them over to our next event. You are able to sell and transfer your ticket.
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||No refunds|